Shooting with Ashlihara
What you need to know:
I'm currently scheduling shoots throughout the year in Boulder, Colorado and I love working with new people. You don't have to be pro or have a lot of experience modeling, I'll walk you though it as we're shooting. I'm currently working moslty on a trade for photos basis with models to create promo images for brands.
- To provide you with unique photos for your portfolio or otherwise
- Provide examples of my work for my photography portfolio
- Provide promo photos for brands who send me products to photograph and/or for my own designs
- Provide on-going content for all my social media sites including but not limited to facebook, instagram, squarespace, pinterest, etc.
- Have a fun time making art
What to Expect:
I shoot moslty outdoors. I like to use nature as props. This usually includes trees, flowers, bushes, and anything else in our environment that looks interesting/beautiful. Other props I like to use include instruments, hula-hoops and other flow toys, hats, boho and native jewelry, lanterns and candles, glow lights, etc. If you have access to any of these things, bring them! In the makeup and brings link, I have a list of props for ideas.
I like to shoot at either dawn (on site at first light) or dusk (3 hours before sunset till it goes down) to get the best lighting.
What I need from You:
- email me using the form below or send me a message on facebook, inquiring about doing a shoot together
- send me an inspiration board of some sort with some of your favorite photos- this lets me see how your vision will fit into my style and begin to put together some ideas for our shoot. Its good to put some thought into creative poses in advance and inspiration boards can help a lot.
- once we book, I will need your height and measurements, to see if any promo goodies I have will work for you. If you don't have a measuring tape, you can get one for $2 at the nearest pharmacy or craft store. Its really easy to get one. You can also order one off amazon for $5 with shipping.
- You'll sign a standard photography release waiver at the start of our shoot, which allows us both to use the photos. Please make sure to come with hair and makeup done, as detailed below.
- Go though the props list and see if you have anything to bring to our shoot. The more unique the better. We'll go through, choose and combine what we have before heading out to location.
- Feel free to ask me questions at any time though the process, I love chatting about shoots beforehand.
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY BOOKED WITH ME READ THIS:
What to wear and what to bring:
If we've alredy booked, here are the deets on how to style yourself for our shoot. I love the natural bohemian look, some makeup but not too much, just enough to enhance your eyes and lips for the camera, but still have an earthy style. Please don't hesitate to ask me about anything at any time before our shoot, I am more than happy to chat about anything and an looking forward to getting to know you!
MAKEUP for WOMEN: just wear basic makeup, with a "natural" look, curled lashes with mascara are most important. Eyeliner - brown pencil eyeliner (OR loose pigment eyeliner you put on with a brush) is awesome, just no liquid liner please. Eyeshadow is good if its in browns and matte natural colors (no glitter or shimmer).
As far as skin makeup~ however you normally wear it will be good: you can either do a clean face without makeup or just spot touch up where needed, or you can wear foundation, whatever you feel works best for you. If you use foundation, try and use powder so there is no shine.
Lips~ Something a shade or two darker than your natural lip color is good, also a wine type shade can be nice. Feel free to bring a few lipsticks with you too.
MAKEUP for MEN: Come with basic makeup or no makeup. Feel free to do spot touch up where needed, and if you want to enhance eyes very slightly with brown liner or shadow, cool as long as it looks very natural. If we're going to do anything beyond this with body paint, 'war paint' or other styling we will do that on site.
NAILS: um lets see, oh yeah, natural un-painted nails for both fingers and toes (unless its a nude color that goes with everything).
Clothing and Undergarments: Try and wear skin colored underwear that doesn't show lines if you wear leggings, if you have it. For bra, its ok to wear something with padding or shaping if you want, as long as it has a natural look.
And also if you have a few clothing basics like black tank top, black or grey leggings, and maybe a pair of jeans, those would be great to bring too
Hair ~ the ideal is for hair to look as natural as possible, wavy if possible is great! bed head is okay as long as it has volume. If your hair is very straight, it would be wonderful to add some slight waves with a curler. If there is any question, error on the side of really natural looking, like you just woke up like this!
Piercings ~ if you have a septum ring (either real or faux) please bring it. If you have other facial piercings, please ask me in advance which ones to leave in for the shoot.
Shoes: Please bring any boho or earthy type shoes and boots you might have. Brown and black are good, sandals or boots. 3 to 5 pairs is good, or whatever you have.
ETC: If you have any weird eclectic things that could be used as props ~ crystals, a pretty blanket, big nerdy glasses, flower hair clips, lantern, hula-hoop, banjo, antique typewriter, old film camera, retro sunglasses, hair wreath or crown, hiking stick, dreamcatcher, wide brimmed hat or any period piece hat, etc anything that might be cool like that, please bring those and we can assess if we can use them. It's really fun to get creative with these!
I'm looking forward to meeting and working with you! Feel free to use the form below to ask me anything :)